Wednesday, March 2, 2011

190th Fighter Squadron nose art proposals by aviation artist Rob Henderson

Updated March 7, 2011:

Just after the 190th Fighter Squadron's request Design our A-10's nose art I also notified Rob Henderson, an aviation artist from United Kingdom, on February 06.

In a first response, Rob told me: Hi Joachim, thank you for the email - that's fantastic! I have just emailed the 190th FS to ask for more details as I am very interested in taking part. Thank you very much indeed for passing this on to me.

Yesterday, Rob e-mailed me the following drafts and told me: Anyway, thought you may be interested in seeing my design ideas.... not as spectacular as those already seen on your blog (not very proficient with photoshop!), but hopefully different enough to be considered by the 190th FS. Hope you enjoy seeing them!



A-10 nose v1 enhanced. (Artwork by Rob Henderson) Full size



A-10 nose v1 standard. (Artwork by Rob Henderson) Full size



A-10 nose v2 enhanced. (Artwork by Rob Henderson) Full size



A-10 nose v2 standard. (Artwork by Rob Henderson) Full size

Comment: Great job, Rob. So I think you have found a smart solution to wrap a human skull on the A-10's nose...

On March 2, 2011, I told Rob: I prever v1. Angle view looks pretty good, front view not bad. Side view is still problematic... Let me suggest a v3, based on v1 but with the after-head "stripes" of v2 and more like these parts in the squadron's logo. What do you think? If you agree, please send me a draft.

See also:
190th Fighter Squadron nose art proposals by aviation artist Barry Munden
Design our A-10's nose art


Update March 7, 2011:



Many thanks to Warthog Territory Forums moderator Jo (Dice-man) Hodges for linking this post in the WTF's Hog Chat thread Bosie looking for nose art design.

No comments:

Post a Comment