Saturday, September 26, 2009

Former PA Hog with new SP tail code caught at D-M

Updated 26 September 2009, 30 September 2009

The following hot picture was uploaded on flickr by Ned Harris from Tucson, Arizona, September 25, 2009:



A-10 82-0647 with new SP tail code for the 52nd Fighter Wing, Spangdahlem AB, Germany, landing at Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona, September 24, 2009. It's a former 103rd FS, 111th FW (PA) Hog. Currently, this aircraft has no 81st Fighter Squadron markings. (Photo by Ned Harris) Hi-res Source

After asking Ned for permission to post this important picture on my blog, on September 26, 2009, I got the following message: Hello: I am a regular visitor to your blog. You are welcome to use any of my flickr images on your blog at any time. Keep up the good work.

Special thanks to Ned for his kind permission, and welcome as latest Warthog News contributor!

Also thanks to Warthog News contributor Dietmar Heinz from German FlugzeugForum for his private message to get knowledge of this important picture immediately.

BTW: On my blog, I will post some more A-10 shots taken by Ned Harris.

Update 30 September 2009: Two more very nice shots of this Hog, taken by Ned Harris September 29, 2009, and uploaded to his flickr albums today:



A-10 82-0647 with new SP tail code landing at Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona, September 29, 2009. (Photo by Ned Harris) Hi-res



A-10 82-0647 with new SP tail code landing at Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona, September 29, 2009. (Photo by Ned Harris) Hi-res

Meanwhile, via e-mail Ned told me: I live about 30 minutes from D-M and usually go at least once per week.

And so, we can await new A-10 pics from Ned every week. That's awesome. Please also check Warthog News for other shots taken by Ned, already one of my most active contributors. See:
47th Fighter Squadron A-10s caught at D-M
355th Fighter Wing A-10s caught at D-M September 2009

2 comments:

  1. I worked that jet many of times! 111th/103rd got f**ked by BRAC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, dave. Would you contact me via e-mail (joachim.jacob@gmx.de)? I'm very interested to talk with Hog Drivers and Hog Maintainers.

    Joachim Jacob
    Warthog News Editor

    ReplyDelete